Yoga | Vision Board | Gong Bath - East London Holistic Christmas Retreat As we near the end of the year, it can bring about lots of thoughts,
Yoga | Vision Board | Gong Bath – East London Holistic Christmas Retreat
As we near the end of the year, it can bring about lots of thoughts, feelings and emotions. Tiredness may have kicked in. You may have asked yourself where has 2019 gone? Have I achieved what I wanted this year? What does next year have in store? When was the last time I took some time for myself?
With a hop, step and jump away from Christmas, and 2020 just around the corner, is now the time to take that well earned time out for yourself?
Angela and Benita welcome and invite you to a multi-dimensional day retreat in East London to shake off 2019, land in the present and expand visions and intentions for 2020.
Four packed hours to transport you on a whirlwind journey of relaxing the body, creatively working the heart and mind to bring to life your deepest dreams and visions, and an extra special deep relaxation which will have you saying ‘why didn’t I do this sooner!’
We plan to make the retreat relaxing and fun, with sensory experiences throughout from tasty refreshments and nibbles, music, scents of heaven to breathe in and special gifts.
We will be hosting the event at the lovely canalside – Boathouse Creative Studios, and we will provide all the extra touches to make sure you are well looked after and your retreat experience is one to remember!
What is the Schedule of the day?
09.45 – 10.00 Arrival and registration (15 minutes)
10.00 – 10.45 Yoga (45 minutes)
10.45 – 11.00 Relax and Hydrate (15 minutes)
11.00 – 12.15 Vision Board (with snacks) (1 hour 15 minutes)
12.15 – 12.30 Relax and hydrate (15 minutes)
12.30 – 13.30 Gong Bath (1 hour)
13:30 – 13:45 Close (15 minutes)
What to expect?
– an energetic, whole body yoga movement session to get your body and mind relaxed, led by Benita
– creativity and fun as we delve into our dreams and desires through creating our 2020 visionboard, led by Angela
– a deeply powerful gong bath experience as you lay on the floor and feel the vibrations of the gong, led by Benita
Tell me more about the Yoga, Vision Board session and gong bath?
– Yoga – The slow flow yoga class will be an invitation to explore and connect with your body through gentle movements and awareness of the breath. This experience will bring you to a present moment, to where you are, without judgements or comments. It will help to bring the mind into a neutral space between effort and ease where you tap into your intuition, desires, your inner-knowing.
– Vision Board – A Vision Board is a collection/collage of images/words that represent your deepest goals, dreams and visions. It serves as a great visual reminder of what you truly want and to motivate you to take action, and with the intention to serve as inspiration and motivation for 2020 and beyond.
Think health, career, home, fun, family, travel, love…
- Where do you want to be in 2020?
- What do you want your life to look like?
- How do you want to feel?
- Which area/s of your life are you ready to bring into alignment with your true self?
In this session you will learn how to create your own unique Vision Board. Reading a magazine will never feel the same again as you work your way through visual ‘magazine’ cues of your goals, dreams, visions and desires. Using the simple technique of scissors, glue and stick to bring laser focus to your visual board, you will walk away with your 2020 masterpiece!
– Gong Bath – With the vision you have created, you will be guided on a personal sound journey. Gong Bath is a submersion in the ocean of sound. All you do is lye comfortably on a mat and close your eyes. Gong Player will create the soundtrack and you submerge in the deep ocean of sound, your mind, body and soul is bathed with the tones of the Gong and other healing instruments. The aim is to go into a deep state of relaxation, taking you to a space of non-ego or neutrality, a space of bliss where the body’s natural healing process begins.
What is provided?
All equipment will be provided for all activities (see the next two points for additional items which you are welcome to bring along)
What do I bring?
Feel free to bring along water to stay hydrated. For the vision board session, we will provide magazines but feel free to bring any old magazines lying around and any photographs (of loved ones) or postcards, inspirational/aspirational images which you would like to add to your vision board.
Will food be provided?
We will keep you hydrated with refreshing drinks throughout the retreat and healthy, light snacks will also be available (welcome to bring your favourite snacks to share). If you have any specific dietry requests then please do let us know in advance.
What do I wear?
Dress comfortable for movement and sitting, and layer up. As we will engage in different activities you may wish to add or remove layers, so come prepared!
How do I get to the venue?
This spacious and quiet studio by the Roding River is only 10min walk from Barking Station. Parking is also available for those driving. Please let us know if you need a code for the parking gate. If you’re not familiar with the area you may want to check the directions.
What happens after the retreat?
You’ll walk way relaxed and energised, seeing out 2019 lighter and more focused having planted a seed of 2020 visions and intentions, and leaving behind dead weight which no longer serves your pathway ahead. Take away with you your 2020 visionboard, a special Christmas gift If you would like to relax for a while after the retreat, with new made friends, feel free to use the lovely Boathouse Café just opposite the studio.
Photographs on the day
We would love to take photos on the day for our 2020 retreats. If you would not like your photo taken then please do let us know by email or on arrival, on the day.
Refunds and cancellation policy
You may cancel your booking up to 21 days before the start of the event, in which case we will refund the amount you’ve paid, less the online fees. If you cancel within 21 days of the start of the event there will be no refund.
If you have any other questions which have not been covered then do feel free to email us and we will be happy to help.
With only 16 tickets available, tickets are selling fast so be sure to book your ticket/s early.
See you on the 1st Dec!
Angela and Benita
Yoga|Vision Board|Gong Christmas Retreat
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
(Sunday) 9:45 am - 1:45 pm
The Boathouse in Barking
62-76 Abbey Rd, Barking IG11 7BT