I was suffering from a
I was suffering from a constant pain in my lower back for many years. At some point the back has been scanned, problem diagnosed and the solution was painkillers for now and in future probably surgery. Keep moving as much as you can and strengthen your core – was the advise I was given. And while firming of the abdominal muscles is always good for the spine, my back was still very tight. So I had to find a way to safely stretch my back muscles and slowly work on finding more mobility in the joints. And I went to my first yoga class.
Regular yoga practice taught me to understand the condition of my body and the signals it’s sending everyday. I’m finding much more space in my spine these days and although my back is still tight sometimes, the range of motion has improved significantly. Yoga helped me to feel more comfortable in my own body and really happy with what I’ve got. This practice showed me how to move, how to stretch and how to breathe… yes, even the conscious breathing makes a difference.
Now I’d like to share this knowledge and my own experience with you in this 2-hours workshops ‘Yoga for Back Pain’.
- You will learn simple, gentle yoga poses helping you get out of pain.
- We will be targeting back comfort, good posture and improvement of your back health for now and the future.
- We will also try to re-educate, re-align the body to change bad postural habits and raise self-awareness and relaxation.
- You will learn how to stretch out tight muscles and ligaments allowing greater mobility, flexibility and better joint alignment.
- You will learn how to strengthen the muscles around the aligned joints.
- You will feel happier, more confident, hopeful and useful.
2-hours workshop will take place on 10th of October 12:00 – 14:00 + plus lunch after.
Cost £20* includes the workshop and delicious lunch at The Boathouse cafe.
80 Abbey Road,
Barking, IG11 7BT
For further directions to The Boathouse click here. Parking available.
Poses include lying down, standing, kneeling and sitting with stable comfort.
This workshop is designed for those with general non-specific (non-serious) back pain.
(Saturday) 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Boathouse in Barking
62-76 Abbey Rd, Barking IG11 7BT